Change your smile. Change your life. Research from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) shows people feel more confident and are perceived as approachable when their smiles are bright and beautiful. At Putnam Family Dental in Putnam, CT, Dr. Alaa Ahmed and Dr. Islam Dehis offer professional teeth-whitening, an easy and effective way to have that impressive smile.
How teeth whitening works
At Putnam Family Dental, whitening heads a list of many cosmetic dentistry treatments that improve tooth shape, alignment and of course, color. A complete oral exam tells Dr. Ahmed or Dr. Dehis if your gums and teeth are healthy enough for whitening treatments. That means no active tooth decay or gum disease.
If all is well, you have your choice of in-office or at-home whitening. Each method removes dark dental stains, leaving teeth whiter by eight full shades of color (or more). The concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel works best after a professional cleaning by your hygienist.
The in-office option takes about an hour, and the at-home method takes several days of gel application via custom-made acrylic trays. Because these services are supervised by your dentist, you're assured of their safety and excellent results.
Benefits of teeth whitening
At Putnam Family Dental, both teen and adult patients enjoy many benefits when they whiten their teeth. They include:
- Your self-confidence will improve--no more hiding your smile or being afraid to laugh in public.
- Professional whitening is quick and safe.
- Deep stains respond well to the highly concentrated gel. Over the counter methods just do not work as well.
- You can get whitening touch-ups as needed, tailoring your program to the areas of your mouth which need it most.
- Keeping dental stains at bay is as easy as brushing twice a day, flossing daily and getting professional cleanings every six months at Putnam Family Dental. Also, you should limit dark foods and drinks and stop using tobacco products.
Stains stay away
To understand what professional whitening can do for your smile, contact Putnam Family Dental in Putnam, CT, for a friendly whitening consultation with Dr. Ahmed or Dr. Dehis and their team. Call our office team at (860) 928-5334. Get ready for a dazzling smile!