If your tooth is damaged, a dental crown can be used to restore its shape, appearance and function. A crown is a hollow, artificial tooth used to cover a decayed or damaged tooth. You may need a crown if you have a root canal, broken tooth, or a large cavity in a tooth. Led by Dr. Alaa Ahmed and Dr. Islam Dehis, Putnam Family Dental (located in Putnam, CT) offers state-of-the-art dental care to the patients they serve. Here are 5 extraordinary benefits of crowns.
1. Improve Your Smile- A dental crown can improve the appearance of your smile. Dental crowns are routinely used to improve the appearance of fractured, misshapen or discolored teeth. After getting a dental crown, you won’t stop smiling.
2. The Luster of Real Teeth- If you want a natural-looking smile, then a porcelain crown is the way to go. All-porcelain crowns are created from a block of ceramic, which is beautiful and natural-looking. The single block of ceramic resembles a person's tooth structure. Nothing gives the same luster, translucency, and depth like an all-porcelain crown.
3. A Better Color Match- It's important that you have a dental crown that matches your original teeth. Your dental care provider can choose from over a dozen shades to allow them to give you a dental restoration that is better matched to the shade of your permanent teeth.
4. Strength and Durability- Dental crowns are known for their extraordinary strength and durability. Dental crowns are tough like natural tooth structure. Your crown will be able to withstand wear and tear. A crown will restore full function of your weak or damaged tooth. Teeth that have been fixed with dental crowns work very much like natural teeth.
5. A Healthy Smile- Dental crowns can last for many years. The life span of a dental crown depends on the amount of wear and tear the crown takes, on your personal mouth-related habits, and how well you follow good dental hygiene practices. Keep your smile healthy by flossing and brushing regularly – especially around the crown. Using mouthwashes can also help. Remember to visit your dental care provider regularly for checkups and teeth cleanings.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of dental crowns? Call Putnam Family Dental at 860-928-5334 schedule a dental consultation in Putnam, CT. A dental crown can transform your smile. Remember, healthy smiles are the happiest smiles.